Use the Live Agent supervisor page to find information about your department’s chat buttons and chat agents easily, all in one place.
Live Agent is available in: Performance Editions and Developer Edition organizations created after June 14, 2012
Live Agent is available for an additional cost in: Enterprise and Unlimited Editions
|To use the Live Agent Supervisor page:||Access to the Live Agent Supervisor tab in a user profile or permission set|
You can access the supervisor page from the supervisor tab or within the Salesforce console.
To access the supervisor page, click the Live Agent Supervisor tab.
From there, you can:
- Click a button’s name to see its detail page.
Queue length and wait time information is only available for buttons with queueing enabled
. Buttons without queueing will show a queue length of 0 and N/A as the time of the longest wait.
- See a list of all of your organization’s chat agents, along with their statuses, the number of their active chat sessions, how many chats they are currently engaged in, how many chats they are assigned to but haven’t yet accepted, how long they’ve been logged in to Live Agent, and how long it’s been since they last accepted a chat request.
- Click an agent’s name or ID to view their profile page.
- Click next to an agent’s name to see a detailed list of their current chat sessions.
- Filter the agents that appear in your Agent Status list. You can filter this list using any combination of the following criteria:
- Skill—Lets you see only agents with a certain skill.
- Button—Lets you see only agents associated with a specific button.
- Status—Lets you see only agents who have a particular status, such as Online, Away, or Offline.
- Use the links in the Action column to change an agent’s status:
- Offline: Logs the agent out of the chat console. Agents who are logged out can’t accept incoming chat requests.
- Away: Sets the agent’s status to Away but keeps them logged in to the chat console. Agents who are away can’t accept new chat requests.
|Away||Offline||Logs the agent out of the chat console. Agents who are logged out can’t accept incoming chat requests. |
You can’t change the status of agents who are offline.
- Monitor an agent’s chats with customers in the ongoing chat window on the right side of the Agent Status panel.
- Send “whisper messages” to agents in the ongoing chat window while they chat with customers. Customers can’t see these messages, so you can privately chat with agents while they interact with customers.
Additionally, your administrator can set up access to this supervisor information in the Live Agent supervisor tab in the Salesforce console.