While Chatter functions as expected in the secondary organization, some Chatter features aren’t synced between the primary and secondary organization.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Organization Sync is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
If you’ve enabled a two-way sync, here’s what to expect from Chatter in Organization Sync:
- Text, link, and file posts and comments are synced between the organizations, so a post made in one organization is also visible in the other. File posts up to 2 GB are supported.
The organizations must be configured to support synced feeds.
- Users can like posts and comments in the secondary organization just as they would in the primary. However, likes given in one organization aren’t visible in the other. Users still receive email notifications about activity on posts or comments that they liked, regardless of whether they liked the post in the primary or the secondary organization. For example, suppose Rita is working in the secondary organization and likes a post. When she returns to working in the primary organization, her like isn’t visible on that post. However, if someone in either organization comments on the post she liked, she’ll still receive an email notification.
- Users can click Share on posts in the secondary organization just as they would in the primary.
- Users can create and edit Chatter groups in the secondary organization just as they would in the primary, but groups aren’t synced between the two organizations. This means a group that exists in the primary organization isn’t visible in the secondary organization, and vice versa.
- Users can mention other users and groups in the secondary organization just as they would in the primary. However, mentions made in one organization aren’t clickable in the other. For example, suppose a user makes the following comment in the primary organization: “@Ella Roberts, you may be interested in this.” In the secondary organization, the comment is visible, but “@Ella Roberts” won’t link to Ella’s profile.
- Users can add topics to posts in the secondary organization just as they would in the primary, but topics aren’t synced between the two organizations. This means a post with topics added to it in the primary organization won’t list any topics in the secondary organization.