When you publish an object in Organization Sync, you can also control which fields you publish on that object. All supported fields are published by default when you publish their parent object, but you can unpublish fields if you wish. If a field isn’t published, it won’t appear in the linked organization.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Organization Sync is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To edit published fields:||“Manage Connections”|
To edit an object’s published fields:
- Navigate to the Connections tab.
- In the Connection Name column, click the name of the Organization Sync connection.
- In the Published Objects section, click Edit next to an object’s name.
The list of fields related to that object appears. All supported fields are selected by default.
- Audit fields don’t appear in the list of publishable fields because they’re automatically synced.
- Rich text area (RTA) fields can’t be published.
- Formula fields and roll-up summary fields can’t be published because their values are determined by other fields’ values. As a workaround, make sure that the input fields for a formula or summary roll-up field are published. Then, create an identical formula or roll-up summary field in the secondary organization that refers to those input fields to calculate its value.
- Lookup fields to unpublished objects aren't automatically published because publishing such fields can cause syncing errors. For example, if a field on the Contact object includes a lookup to accounts and the Account object hasn't yet been published, that field can only be published manually.
- Deselect any fields you do not want to publish. Before publishing a field, consider which lookup relationships will be affected.
- Click Save.
- If a two-way sync is implemented and you are unpublishing the field after it was already published and subscribed to, repeat the previous steps in the linked organization.
When you perform any of the following actions to a field in one organization, the field is automatically unsubscribed in the linked organization:
- Delete the field
- Change the field type
- Change the size or precision of a long text area, text, percent, number, or currency field
The field stays published, but you must re-subscribe to it in the linked organization.
When you need to add a field to an object that is already published in Organization Sync, publish and subscribe to the field to ensure that updates to it are synced. Don't update the field value in existing records until you publish and subscribe to the field.