Once your primary and secondary organizations are configured for Organization Sync, it’s time to set up the connection between the primary and secondary organizations. This connection allows updates to flow between the organizations.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Organization Sync is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create a Salesforce to Salesforce replication connection:||“Manage Connections”|
- In the primary organization, navigate to the Connections tab.
- Click New.
- Select the contact name that you created for setting up the connection. The Account field will automatically update to list your company.
- In the Connection Owner field, select the administrator you’ve assigned to manage the connection.
- In the Connection Type field, select Replication.
If desired, select the option to sync the feeds and audit fields of all records (recommended).
If you don’t see this option, ask your Salesforce admin to enable audit field creation in your organization.
If desired, select the option to sync supported metadata (recommended).
If desired, select the option to sync users (recommended).
- Click Save & Send Invite.
Check your inbox for an email invitation to approve the connection. Click the link in the email to accept the invitation and be redirected to the Salesforce login page.
- Log in with the secondary organization username and password. You’ll see the detail page for your Organization Sync connection. In the Connection Detail section, click Accept to complete the connection.
The Connection Detail page is the hub of your Organization Sync connection. After you establish the connection, take a moment to get comfortable with this page via an interactive walkthrough.
Walk Through It: Explore the Connection Detail Page
. Before you begin, make sure to add the Connections tab to your Salesforce environment.