Add supported languages, activate or deactivate a language, assign translators for that language, and enter translated terms for customizations you've made in your org's default language.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To add or edit languages:||“Manage Translation”|
|To assign translators:||“Manage Translation”|
The “Manage Translation” permission is enabled by default in the System Administrator profile.
- From Setup, enter Translation Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Translation Settings.
- Click Add to activate a new language or Edit to change an existing supported language.
- If adding a new language, choose a language.
- To make the entered translations available to your users - select Active. Users can change their personal language anytime whether or not it's active in the Translation Workbench. Selecting Active makes the translations available to the users in that language.
We recommend you don't make a language active until the translators have translated all values.
- To assign translators for this language, select them from the Available List and click Add. If you don’t see the member you want to add, enter keywords in the search box and click Find.
Ensure all translators have the "View Setup and Configuration" permission so that they can begin translating. Users can only translate languages they're assigned to.
- Click Save.