Each time you create a patient, Salesforce performs the following actions.
- Creates the patient as an individual, based on the fields you’ve mapped from the EHR system. An individual is an object view of both Account and Contact, linked by the Individual ID.
- Creates an account for the individual.
- Creates a contact record for the individual. The contact record is linked to the account through the Individual ID.
- Creates a case with a CarePlan record type so that the page layout for the care plan appears automatically. If a care coordinator has been selected, the coordinator becomes the owner of the case.
- Adds the case that represents the care plan to the account record.
- Creates a case team with the individual as the patient, and adds the care coordinator, if one has been selected.
- Adds the patient’s account ID to the Candidate Patient record.