The improved Setup user interface provides a streamlined experience for viewing and managing personal and administrative setup tasks.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All editions except Database.com|
When the improved Setup user interface is enabled in an organization, you might notice several differences from the original user interface.
- The Setup menu is accessed from the Setup link on the upper-right corner of any Salesforce page.
- The Setup menu is organized into goal-based categories: Administer, Build, Deploy, Monitor, and Checkout.
- Personal settings, which all Salesforce users can edit, are available from a separate My Settings menu.
To access My Settings, click your name in the upper-right corner of any Salesforce page, then click My Settings. You can also access My Settings from your Chatter profile page: in the right pane, click My Settings.
- The My Settings home page includes quick links for easily accessing the most commonly used personal settings tools and tasks.
When enabled, the improved Setup user interface is activated for every user in an organization. Be sure to notify your organization before enabling or disabling this setting.
To enable the improved Setup user interface, from Setup, enter User Interface
in the Quick Find
box, then select User Interface
, then select Enable Improved Setup User Interface
The improved Setup user interface:
- Is not supported in Internet Explorer version 6
- Is available only when the new user interface theme is enabled