|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Answers is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.|
|To view the Questions tab:||“Read” on questions|
|To ask and reply to questions:||"Create” on questions|
|To delete questions and replies:||“Delete” on questions|
|To escalate a question to a case:||“Create” on cases|
|To edit questions:||“Edit” on questions|
Answers is scheduled for retirement in all Salesforce orgs as of Winter ’18 release. For more information, see Chatter Answers to Retire in Winter ’18. Starting with Summer ’13, Answers isn’t available in new orgs. Instead, you can use Chatter Questions, a Q&A feature that’s seamlessly integrated into Chatter. With Chatter Questions, users can ask questions and find answers without ever needing to leave Chatter. Existing orgs will continue to have access to Answers if it was enabled before the Summer ’13 release from now until Winter ’18.
The Questions tab lets you view, search, filter, moderate, and create questions from lists.
- Search for questions by typing two or more letters of a question in the Search All Questions box. As you type, questions that match your search terms appear.
- Select predefined list views from the View drop-down list. Some predefined lists from which you can filter questions include:
- Questions with Best Replies
- Questions without Best Replies
- Click Create New View to define your own custom list views. To edit or delete any view you created, select it from the View drop-down list and click Edit.
- Click New Question from the Questions list view page or click New from the Recent Questions list on the Questions overview page to create a new question.
- Click to refresh a list that’s been updated.
- After you select a question from the list:
- Type an answer or comment and click Answer Customer & Zone to reply to customers.
- Click and choose:
- Delete to delete the question from the community.
- Escalate to Case to create a case from the question.
- Edit to edit the fields in an existing question.
- Click on one of the question’s replies and choose:
- Delete to delete the reply from the community.
- Promote to Article to add the reply as a draft article to the knowledge base (available if it’s set up by your administrator).
- Edit to edit the fields in an existing reply.
- If the question is private, meaning only support agents can view and answer it, you can click the case link to view the case automatically associated with the question.
The Questions tab is intended for Chatter Answers, but you can also use it to view questions from the answers feature.