The jump start wizard automates creating an approval process by automatically choosing some default options for you.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
After creating an approval process using the jump start wizard, change any of the default options by editing any approval process and add more steps from the approval process detail page. The one exception is the Record Lock action on the Initial Submission Actions list.
- To edit records awaiting approval in the approval process, users must have the “Modify All” permission for the given object or the “Modify All Data” permission.
- The page layout for the approval request includes the record name (or number), owner, date created, and approval history.
- The security settings require approvers to log in to Salesforce to view the approval page.
- Only the owner of the record can submit the record for approval.
- Records are locked when submitted for approval.
- Records remain locked until approved or rejected.
- Rejected records are unlocked.
- Only admins can recall a record after it’s submitted.
- There are no auto-approve or auto-reject actions.
- No email notification is sent upon approval or rejection.
- No field values are automatically updated during the approval process.
- An approver cannot automatically delegate another user to approve the approval requests.
- The Allow submitters to recall approval requests option is not selected.