Customize which information to include in the approval request post when it displays in a Chatter feed.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create and view approval request post templates:||“Customize Application”|
You can only create an approval post template for an object that is both enabled for approvals and supported for Chatter feed tracking. You can't associate a post template to an approval process unless feed tracking for the object has been turned on.
- From Setup, enter Post Templates in the Quick Find box, then select Post Templates.
- Click New Template.
- Select the object for your template.
- Click Next.
- Give the template a name and description.
- Select the checkbox to make this the default template for the associated object.
- Select up to four fields to display on the approval request post and click Add.
- Sort the fields.
- Save your changes.