Inline editing speeds up updating records. From a Details tab, a rep can open a record for editing and update several fields at the same time.
|Available in: Lightning Experience
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Double-click a field or click the edit icon next to it. The cell enters edit mode.
Use keyboard shortcuts to edit a record quickly.
- To move to the next field in the record, press the Tab key.
- To return to the revert icon of the previous field, press Shift + Tab.
- To revert the change in a field, press Enter on the revert icon.
- To revert all changes made to the record, press Esc to move to Cancel and press Enter.
- To save, press Enter and press Enter again.
Here are a few more advantages to inline editing in Lightning Experience.
- Reps can navigate within the page while editing a record. They can switch to the record’s chatter feed and back without losing changes.
- Reps are warned if they try to navigate to another page or browser tab without saving changes.
- Error messages appear in a window at the bottom of the page. Reps can click to hide the window when scrolling through a long record.