Templates help you ensure consistency, save time, and include basic information, such as a customer’s name and their case number, all with one click. If your administrator has created text, HTML, or Visualforce email templates, or if you’ve created your own templates, you can use them when emailing customers in Case Feed.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To send emails||“Send Email”|
For best results, we recommend using the rich text editor when working with email templates.
Depending on how your administrator has set up Case Feed, you may see a pre-loaded template when you use the Email action. Use the steps below to choose a different template if needed.
To use a template:
- Depending on which action appears, click Answer Customer and select Email, or just click Email.
- Click Select a Template.
- Choose the folder that has the template you want.
- Click the name of the template to add it to the email.
- If you choose more than one text or HTML template, each template is added in the order you choose it. If you choose a Visualforce template after choosing another template, it replaces the earlier template.
- If the template you choose has attachments, they’re included with the message.
- If the template you choose has merge fields, only the case-related fields are merged.
- To remove a template, click . This also deletes any text you’ve entered and removes all template attachments.
- Finish writing and sending your message.