Before you set up case teams or predefine case teams, create roles to determine team members level of access to cases.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To set up case teams:||“Customize Application”|
|To add team members:||“Edit” on cases|
You can create an unlimited number of case team roles, but we recommend no more than 20 so as not to overwhelm team members.
- From Setup, enter Case Team Roles in the Quick Find box, then select Case Team Roles.
- Click New, and enter the role’s name.
- From Case Access, choose the role’s level of access to cases.
- Members can view and edit cases and add related records, notes, and attachments to them.
- Read Only
- Members can view cases and add related records to them.
- Members can’t access cases.
- If you want members in the role visible to customer portal users viewing cases, choose Visible in Customer Portal. Even if Visible in Customer Portal isn’t chosen, customer portal users added to case teams can view themselves on Case Team related lists.
- Click Save.
You can’t delete roles, but you can click Replace
next to a role you want to replace across all cases. If your org has one role, you can’t replace it.
Roles don’t change a case owner’s access to cases, which is Read/Write by default.