Deleting a category group deletes all of its categories and removes all associations between the categories and articles or questions. Read this entire topic carefully to understand the consequences of deleting category groups.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Data categories and answers are available in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.|
|Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.|
|Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.|
|To view the Data Categories page:||“View Data Categories”|
|To create, edit, or delete data categories:||“Manage Data Categories”|
From Setup, enter Data Category in the Quick Find box, then select Data Category Setup.
Hover your cursor over the category group name.
Click the Delete Category Group icon ().
Select the checkbox in the confirmation dialog, then click OK.
The data category group is deleted. Continue to step 5 if you wish to restore the data category group.
In the Removed Category Groups section, hover your cursor over the category group name.
Click the Undelete Category Group icon ().
The category group moves to the Category Groups section as an inactive category group, and associations with articles, questions, and visibility are restored.
Deleting a category group:
- Moves it to the Deleted Category Groups section, which is a recycle bin. You can view items in this section but not edit them. It holds category groups for 15 days before they are permanently erased and cannot be recovered. During the 15–day holding period, you can either restore a category group, or permanently erase it immediately.
- Deletes all categories within that group.
- Removes all associations between the group's categories and articles or questions.
- Removes all associations between the group's categories and visibility.
- As applicable, removes the category drop-down menu from the Articles tab in all channels, the Article Management tab, and your company's public knowledge base.