Before setting up the community case feed, review this essential information.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
If the community case feed is enabled:
- Agents can use the Community action in the console case feed to answer community questions and create private and public Chatter posts on cases.
- Agents can expose or hide published Chatter posts and emails in the case feed of external community users.
- External community users with access to a case see associated Chatter posts, questions, and emails in their case feed.
If email notifications for case posts are enabled:
- When someone makes an externally visible post on a case, all case contacts are notified by email. They can comment on the post by replying to the email.
- If you’re already using custom email notification settings, such as those triggered by workflows, selecting this preference can create duplicate email notifications.
- In communities built on the Customer Service (Napili) template or Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce, you can turn off these notifications. In your email notification settings, deselect Posts on one of my cases under “Email me when someone...”.