With the community case feed
, agents and community members see the life cycle of a case from start to finish. All case interactions appear in a unified, chronological Chatter case feed. Community members benefit from the added functionalities of Chatter, while support-side features help agents provide efficient, personalized support.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
The community case feed gives community users an intuitive environment where they can manage their cases. Internal and external users see the following interactions in the community case feed:
- Chatter text, file, and link posts
- Questions in Chatter that are associated with the case
- Case emails
- Read-only social posts on cases if your Salesforce administrator enables them
Community case feed in a community built on the Customer Service (Napili) template:
Using the publisher (1)
, users create posts and attach files to the case. The feed (2)
comes fully equipped with Chatter’s collaboration tools: users can bookmark, like, and comment on posts, and mention other users. Images and comments appear inline, making it easy to scan the feed for details. The Attachments component (3)
displays all case attachments.
When the community case feed is enabled, support agents can:
- Use the Community action in the console case feed to answer community questions and create private and public Chatter posts on cases
- Expose or hide a published post or email in the community case feed of external users
The community case feed is available in all communities that use the self-service community templates or Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce.
- In communities built on templates, emails in the community case feed don’t display inline images or clickable links.
- In communities built on the Koa or Kokua community templates, users’ names in the community case feed look like links but don’t lead anywhere.