After you solve a customer’s case, you can close it from a few locations and create a solution or article to help solve similar cases.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To close cases:||“Edit” on cases|
- Click Close Case on a case’s detail page, Cls on the Cases related list, or Save & Close while editing a case. If enabled by your administrator, you can select Closed from Status on a case’s edit page and click Save without completing any more steps.
- Update Status, Case Reason, or any other fields as necessary.
- If solutions are enabled, you can fill in the Solution Details for the case. If you don’t want to save the solution or submit it for review to a solution manager, uncheck Submit to public solutions. When this field is checked, the new solution is automatically linked to the case.
- If there’s a contact on the case, select Notify contact on case close to send an email to the contact based on a predefined case close template.
- Click Save or Save and Create Article. The article option is available if both Salesforce Knowledge and article submission during case close is enabled.
If you have the “Manage Cases” permission, you can close multiple cases at once using the Close
button on case lists.