You might be viewing this page because your Salesforce administrator didn’t create custom help. If you need information on a specific custom object, contact your administrator about creating custom help
for your custom objects. The Salesforce Help covers only the standard objects provided with the initial Salesforce integration.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To view custom object records:||“Read” on the custom object|
|To change custom object records:||“Edit” on the custom object|
Clicking on a custom object tab displays the tab home page. The name of a custom object tab is the plural form of the custom object as defined by your administrator.
- Displaying Custom Object Records
- Once you have located a custom object record on the custom objects tab home or list pages, click the custom object record name to display detailed information.
- If the Salesforce console is set up to include custom objects, select it from the Force.com app menu to find, view, and edit custom object records and their related items on one screen.
- Editing Custom Object Records
- To update custom object record details, click Edit, and then change the fields you want to update. When you have finished, click Save. You can also click Save & New to save the current custom object record and create another. Required fields are marked with red.
You cannot change the Object Name
or Data Type
if the custom object is referenced in Apex.
- Custom Object Related Lists
- The lower portion of the custom object record detail page provides information related to the custom object record, including activities, notes, attachments, and any other related records. The related lists you see are determined by your personal customization, and by any customization your administrator has made to page layouts or your permissions to view related data. You can click on individual items to display additional detail. Click more at the bottom of the page or View More below a related list to display more items. Clicking New lets you directly add new items.
To help your users see record details and related lists more easily, enable Hover Details in the User Interface panel of Setup.
- Printing Custom Object Records
- On a custom object detail page, click Printable View to print the record.
To return to the last list page you viewed, click Back to list at the top of any custom object record detail page. If your organization has enabled collapsible page sections, use the arrow icons next to the section headings to expand or collapse each section on the detail page.