The Developer Console
- New: Creates a resource and opens it in the Source Code Editor. You can create these resources:
- Apex class or trigger; To create an Apex trigger, first select the object to associate with the trigger.
- Lightning application, component, event, interface, or tokens bundle; For more information, see Lightning Component Framework Overview.
- Visualforce page or component
- Open: Launches a File Open window that allows you to browse and open your application code and data objects.
- Open Resource: Launches an Open Resource window that allows you to search for files by name.
- Open Lightning Resources: Launches an Open Lightning Resources window that allows you to search for Lightning components resources by name.
- Open Log: Opens the selected log in the Log Inspector. You can also access logs from the Logs tab.
- Open Raw Log: Opens the selected log, in plain text.
- Download Log: Saves a text copy of the selected log to your local machine.
- Save: Saves the item in the active tab.
- Save All: Saves changes in all the tabs open in your workspace. Use this option to save a set of dependent changes.
- Delete: Deletes the item in the active tab. You can only delete Apex classes, triggers, Visualforce pages, and static resource files.
- Close: Closes the active tab.
- Close All: Closes all the tabs open in your workspace. If any tab contains unsaved changes, you are prompted to save them.