|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Performance, Unlimited, Developer, Enterprise, and Database.com Editions|
|To use the Apex Deployment Tool:||“Author Apex”|
Download the Force.com Migration Tool if you want to perform a file-based deployment of metadata changes and Apex classes from a Developer Edition or sandbox organization to a production organization using Apache's Ant build tool.
The salesforce_ant.zip file contains the files you need to run an ant task that exercises the compileAndTest API call, including:
- A Readme.html file that explains how to use the tools
- A Jar file containing the ant task: ant-salesforce.jar
- A sample folder containing:
- A codepkg\classes folder that contains SampleDeployClass.cls and SampleFailingTestClass.cls
- A codepkg\triggers folder that contains SampleAccountTrigger.trigger
- A mypkg\objects folder that contains the custom objects used in the examples
- A removecodepkg folder that contains XML files for removing the examples from your organization
- A sample build.properties file that you must edit, specifying your credentials, in order to run the sample ant tasks in build.xml
- A sample build.xml file, that exercises the deploy and retrieve API calls
The Force.com Migration Tool is a free resource provided by Salesforce to support its users and partners, but is not considered part of our Services for purposes of the Salesforce Master Subscription Agreement.