Customize your company’s Chatter email notifications to display sender information, footer text, and a footer logo that is personalized for your organization.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
|To customize Chatter email settings:||“Customize Application”|
- From Setup, enter Email Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Email Settings.
Enter custom values for the email sender’s name and address to replace the default values.
If you change the sender’s email address, we send a verification email to the new address. The change is pending, and we continue to use the existing address while we await verification. The requested address doesn’t take effect until you click the confirmation link in the email. If verification is already pending for a new email address and you specify a different new address, we retain the latest value and use that for verification.
If you enter a custom value for the sender’s address and you have enabled mail relay, your Chatter emails will use the relay.
- Customize what displays in the footer of Chatter emails.
- All Chatter emails display the Chatter logo and Salesforce information unless you replace them with your organization’s own logo and information.
- If you previously customized the logo or footer text and want to restore the default values, use the API to set these fields to null.
- Choose a logo to replace the default Chatter logo.
The logo must be an existing document in the Documents tab and must be marked Externally Available Image. Images with a maximum size of 150 x 50 pixels on a transparent background work best.
- Enter custom text to replace the default footer text, up to a maximum of 1,000 characters.
The default text includes Salesforce’s name and physical address. We strongly recommend including your organization’s physical address to comply with applicable anti-spam laws.
- Click Save.