|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
From the file selector, you can see a list of Salesforce files you own and have access to. In Salesforce Classic, click File above the feed, and then select a file from Salesforce. In Lightning Experience, click the paperclip icon below the post to open the Select File window. The 25 most recently viewed files are listed by default.
From the file selector you can see and search a certain group of files by clicking a specific filter on the sidebar.
- All Files—All files you own and have access to, including:
This filter is only available in Salesforce Classic.
- Files that have been shared with you
- Files you're following
- Files in your Chatter groups
- Files in your libraries
- Files attached by other people to a Chatter feed, including files attached to all public groups and private groups you're a member of. You don’t have access to files attached to private groups you're not a member of.
- Recent—The most recent files you've viewed.
- MY FILES—All files you own, files shared with you, and files you follow.
- Owned by Me—Files you have:
- Uploaded on the Home or Files page. These files are private and not shared with anyone, but you can view them, share them, and attach them to Chatter feeds.
- Attached to Chatter feeds from your computer.
- Synced using your Salesforce Files Sync folder.
- Uploaded to Salesforce CRM Content libraries you're a member of and your private library.
- Shared with Me—All files that have been shared with you either by a private share or a public post to your profile.
- Following—All files that you're following. (Requires Chatter)
- FILES IN MY GROUPS—All files you and other people shared to groups you're a member of. The last five groups you’ve visited are listed.
- FILES IN MY LIBRARIES—All files you and other people uploaded to libraries you're a member of and all files you uploaded to your private library. The first five libraries you're a member of, including your private library, are listed. If you're a member of more than five libraries, click More to see a complete list.
- Synced—All files that have been synced in your Salesforce Files Sync folder. This filter is available only to users who have the “Sync Files” permission.
- EXTERNAL FILES—All files you have access to in Files Connect external data sources. Search is restricted to the selected external data source.
- Only files from libraries that you're a member of and where you have Post Content to Chatter Feeds or Manage Library checked in your library permission definition are listed.
- Users who have the “Sync Files” permission don’t see the All Files, MY FILES, or FILES IN MY GROUPS filters. Users who don’t have the “Sync Files” permission don’t see the Synced filter.
To search for files from the search box:
- Optionally, click a filter on the sidebar to restrict your search to a specific set of files.
- Enter your search terms in the search box. You can search by file name, description, owner, type, or within the file's text.
- Click Search to see a filtered list of all relevant files based on your search terms. Or click to clear your search terms.
The Select a File to Attach list doesn't include:
- Documents from the Documents tab.
- Attachments from the Notes and Attachments related list.
- Links attached to posts in Chatter
- Files from your personal library