|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
The default Chatter Desktop configuration is appropriate for most users, but several Chatter Desktop settings are configurable. To access Chatter Desktop settings, click
and select Settings
. From the Settings screen, you can:
- Configure Chatter Desktop to launch when you start your computer.
- Configure Chatter Desktop to minimize when you close it.
- Turn popup notifications on or off. Popup notifications are enabled by default.
- Manage alerts for new feed posts and comments (advanced settings).
- Configure Chatter Desktop to always display in the foreground (advanced settings).
- Move the chat window to the foreground when you receive a new message.
- Play sounds when someone starts a new chat with you, or play a sound for every chat message when a chat is minimized or out of focus (for example, if you have multiple chats or are using another application).
- Edit your connections.