|Your profile photo||Change your chat status. Select Available, Away, or Offline. People can’t chat with you when you’re Offline.|
|See feed updates from everyone and everything you follow, and post an update.|
- For any feed post, click Comment to add a comment, Like to receive email notifications if others comment on that post, or Delete to delete the post, if you have access.
- To post a file from your computer, drag the file to , or click , which appears when you type a post.
- To post a link, type the link in the text box at the top of your feed, or click , which appears when you type a post.
- Use the Sort By filter at the top of a feed to sort updates:
- Post Date—Sorts feeds by post date. To see comments, you must click Show All Comments below a post.
- Post and Comment Date—Sorts feeds by post and comment date. Each comment appears again when you click Show All Comments under its associated post.
|See and comment on updates directed to you.|
|Chat with people and see their updates. Chat messages are displayed in a separate window.|
- Click Chat Favorites to see people or chats you’ve added as favorites. To add a favorite, click next to someone’s name or in any active chat with one or more people.
- Click Following or Followers then click a person’s name to see their updates or post to their feed.
- Hover over someone’s name:
- Click to send them a private message.
- Click to add them as a favorite chat. Their name appears in your Chat Favorites list.
- Click to follow someone or to stop following them.
- Click to start a chat. You can then add up to 10 people to the same chat by clicking in the chat window and searching for people to add. You can’t chat with people who are Offline.
Chat is only available if it’s enabled in your organization.
|Read and reply to private Chatter messages. Click a message to view it, or click New Message to send a new message.|
Messages are only available if they are enabled in your organization.
|See feed updates from groups:|
- Click a group name or search for a group to view its feed or to post updates. You can post in all public groups and any private groups that you belong to.
- Click Join to join a group, or Member to leave the group.
- Click to view the group description.
|See and comment on records you follow. From the drop-down menu at the top, select the type of record you want to view, for example, Account. If you’re not following records, there won’t be any records in the list. Click a record’s name to view its details. Chatter Desktop shows the first eight fields on a record.|
|Edit your Chatter Desktop settings or switch your connection.|
|Instantly synchronize your data. While Chatter Desktop synchronizes your data automatically, it does not always happen instantly.|