|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
If customer invitations are enabled for your organization, you can add, remove, and invite customers in private groups you own or manage that allow customers.
- Navigate to a group detail page.
- To add people who aren't already customers in your company, click Invite People, or . Enter email addresses separated by commas, and an optional message, and click Send.
When someone accepts your invitation, they join Chatter and become a member of the group.
- To add people who are already customers in your company, click Add/Remove Members, then:
- Search using the Find People search box.
- Toggle between Members of the group and Everyone in your company.
- Use the Next and Previous links to see more of the list.
- Click Add to add a customer, or to remove a customer.
- Click Done when you're finished.
- When you invite someone as a customer to your group, they are given a unique username and password to log in to this group within your organization, even if they’re already a member of another Salesforce organization. They will not be able to use other Salesforce logins to access your customer group.
- If a customer has an issue logging in to the group, verify that they are using the username and password from the welcome email they received after registering for the group. If the problem persists, ask your administrator for help.
- If a customer loses their password, they can use the Forgot Password option to reset it. If they don’t have their username, they should contact the administrator of the organization in which they’re a customer to recover it.