Share files in Chatter with public or private groups so that members of the groups can view and download the files from their feed.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
- Share the file from one of these locations:
- On the detail page of the file you want to share—Click
. Or click Show All on the Shared With list then click Groups on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- Next to the file in a feed—Click Groups on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- Next to the file on the Files page, the Files Owned by list, or the Group Files list—Click
Share with groups.
- On a file hover—Click
then click Groups on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- In your Salesforce Files Sync folder on your desktop—Right-click on a file, hover on Salesforce Files Sync, then click Share with groups.
- Type the name of the group you want to share the file with and click the name to select it. Repeat this step to share with more groups.
- Select access levels for each group. By default, private group access is set to Collaborator, while public group access is set to Viewer.
- Optionally, add a message to your post. You can @mention people and groups in your message to notify them and post the file in their feed.
- Click Share and Close. The file is posted to each group you shared it with and @mentioned.
- Documents from the Documents tab and attachments from the Notes and Attachments related list aren't listed on Files home and can't be shared as Salesforce Files.
- Content files may be shared with more people than shown in Share with People if they are part of a content pack or delivery.
- The maximum number of times a file can be shared is 100. This includes files shared with people, groups, and via links. If a file is privately shared and nears the 100 share maximum, consider making the file public by posting it to your feed.