Share files with people privately and set Viewer or Collaborator access for each person you share the file with.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
- Start by sharing the file from one of these locations:
- On the detail page of the file you want to share—Click
. Or click Sharing Settings and then click People on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- Next to the file in a feed—Click People on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- Next to the file on the Files home page—Click Share with people.
- On a file hoverClick
then click People on the Sharing Settings dialog box.
- In your Salesforce Files Sync folder on your desktop—Right-click on a file, hover on Salesforce Files Sync, then click Share with people.
- Type the name of the person you want to share the file with and click the name to select it. .
- Choose the file permission you want them to have. By default, they have collaborator permission which lets them view, download, share, change permission, edit the file, and upload new versions. Select Viewer to give them permission to view, download, and share files.
- If you want to share the file with more people, enter more names.
- Optionally, add information to the message that recipients receive.
- Click Share and Close. Recipients
Prevent others from sharing and unsharing.
If you don’t want others to change who can access the file, select