Group owners, group managers, and users with the “Modify All Data” permission can activate an archived Chatter group from the group detail page.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
- Navigate to the group you want to activate.
- Use the My Archived Groups filter on the Groups list view to find the archived groups you own, manage, or belong to.
- To find other archived groups, use global search, run a report, or ask your administrator for help.
- Click Activate on the group detail page. You can also activate an archived group from the group settings page.
After a group is activated, the group detail page displays with the publisher enabled so members can create new posts and share files with the group.
- Group members don’t receive email notifications when a Chatter group they own, manage, or belong to is archived or activated.
- You can only activate one group at a time. To activate multiple groups at once, use the Salesforce