The Group Files list on a Chatter group page shows the recent files posted to that group.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
Hover to see available options or click the file name to go to the file detail page.
To see a list of all the files posted to a group, to search for a specific file, or to perform actions on a file, expand the files list Show All. The 25 most recently viewed files are listed by default. On this list you can:
- Search for files that have been posted to the group. The list includes files that you and other people have attached to the Chatter feed on the group. The list doesn't include:
- Documents from the Documents tab.
- Attachments from the Notes and Attachments related list.
- Upload private files or upload and share files with people, groups, or via a file link.
- Preview a file without downloading it.
- Follow and receive updates about a file in the Chatter feed. Click next to the file you're following to stop receiving updates about the file. (Requires Chatter.)
- Click to download, upload a new version, share with people, groups, or via link, and see sharing settings.
- Click a file name to view the file detail page.
- Click a file owner's name to see his or her profile.
- Not all files can be previewed, such as encrypted files, password-protected files, copy-protected PDFs, unknown file types, and any file larger than 25 MB. For files that can’t be previewed, the Preview option isn’t available on feeds or list views, and files appear as generic file type icons in the feed. Some Microsoft Office 2007 features don't display correctly in previews. If a file can be previewed, but a preview doesn’t exist, contact your Salesforce administrator who may be able to regenerate the preview.
- Files without a file extension or with an unrecognized file extension show “unknown” in the Type column.