|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
As the owner or manager of a private Chatter group, you can accept or decline requests to join the group. Additionally, users with the “Modify All Data” permission can view and manage requests for all public and private groups, and users with “Manage Unlisted Groups” can manage group membership requests for all unlisted groups in the organization.
- View the list of requests by doing one of the following:
- On a group detail page, click the Request link, for example, 3 Requests
- On a group detail page, click Add/Remove Members and then click the Requests filter, or scan for requests in the Everyone filter
- Click the link provided in the email request
- Accept or decline the requests.
An email is sent to each person to tell them that their request was accepted or declined.
- Click Accept to accept. If there are more than two requests, you can accept them all by clicking Accept x of y, for example, Accept 3 of 3.
- Click to decline. Optionally enter a message that will be included with your decline email and click Send. If you change your mind, you can click Cancel to go back.
- Click Done to close the window.
If you make a private group public, any pending requests are automatically accepted.