If you’re rolling out Chatter to just a subset of your users, prepare your organization to control Chatter access with custom user profiles and permission sets.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
From a high-level perspective, a profile-based rollout of Chatter consists of these steps:
Before you begin, disable Chatter for your entire organization (go to Chatter settings and deselect Enable
- Salesforce enables the profile-based rollout of Chatter feature for your organization.
- You determine who gets access to Chatter.
- You review and modify existing custom user profiles and permissions sets.
- Verify that the Enable Chatter permission in a custom user profile or permission set has the desired setting.
- To allow or restrict Chatter access, assign the associated profile or permission set to users.
- You turn on Chatter for your organization.
Perform step 6 as a separate, final step. If step 6 is combined with another step or performed out of order, unpredictable and undesirable results can occur.