On rare occasions, if your community is not available because of a service outage, Salesforce displays a generic Service Not Available page with Force.com branding. You can replace this page with a custom company-branded static resource page for a personalized user experience for your community members.
The Service Not Available static resource:
- Must be a public .zip file 1 MB or smaller.
- Must contain a page named maintenance.html at the root level of the .zip file. Other resources in the .zip file, such as images or CSS files, can follow any directory structure.
- Must contain only files that have file extensions.
For more information, refer to Assigning Force.com Site Error Pages
in the Salesforce Help.
Access Community Management in one of the following ways.
- From the community:
- In Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce communities, click in the global header.
- In Community Builder-based communities, use the drop-down menu next to your name and click Community Management.
- From Setup, enter All Communities in the Quick Find box, then select All Communities and click the Manage link next to a community.
- From Community Builder, in the header, use the drop-down menu next to the name of your template and click Community Management.
Click next to Service Not Available to search for and select your custom page.
If there is a service outage at any time, your community displays your selected page. A couple things to keep in mind:
- This page selection doesn’t affect communities that use Site.com Studio pages.
- The Service Not Available page, once customized, is available for all communities in the same domain. Depending on the needs of your organization, this might not be desirable. To avoid using the same page for all the communities in your domain, create and assign separate Service Not Available pages for each community.
For example, consider a scenario where you have two communities in your domain: a customer community (universaltelco.force.com/customer) and a partner community (universaltelco.force.com/partner). If you use a custom Service Not Available page for only the customer community, then the partner community will display the same page during a service outage, unless you create and assign a separate Service Not Available page to the partner community.