Before you implement a console, review these tips.
|Salesforce console available in Salesforce Classic and App Launcher in Lightning Experience. Setup for Salesforce console available in Salesforce Classic.|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
Available in: Performance and Developer Editions with the Sales Cloud
Available in: Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud for an extra cost
- General Implementation Tips
- A console respects all of the security and sharing settings in your Salesforce organization.
- For best performance, we recommend that console users adopt the Google Chrome™ browser and machines with 8 GB of RAM.
- Even if the new user interface theme isn't enabled for your organization, console users still see the new interface on all pages inside a console.
- To see any setup changes to a console, you must refresh your browser.
- You can’t add a console to customer portals or partner portals.
- Salesforce Console for Service Implementation Tips
- To use a console for service, users must be assigned the Service Cloud User feature license.
- To use Live Agent in a console, users must be assigned the Live Agent User feature license.
- If Salesforce Knowledge is set up, turn on the Knowledge sidebar so that console users can automatically see relevant articles alongside any cases that they’re working on.