Get more done faster using the Salesforce console’s enhanced interface to navigate quickly and work with records efficiently.
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
Available in: Performance and Developer Editions with the Sales Cloud
Available in: Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud for an additional cost
Unlike standard Salesforce
pages, all items you click in a Salesforce console
display as tabs. Tabs let you quickly:
- Find, update, and create records
- Review and update records from lists
- See more related information on one screen so you don’t lose context or waste time searching
- Identify records that are changed by someone else while you’re viewing them
- Use integrated Live Agent and scan related Knowledge articles
The Salesforce Console User Interface
- Select an object to view in the Salesforce console navigation list. For example, select Leads to view leads. The administrator can choose which objects are available.
- Records are displayed in a list, which you can pin at the left or top of the screen. Select one or more records to display in primary tabs.
- Selected records appear in primary tabs. You can work with multiple tabs simultaneously.
- Your administrator configures the highlights panel separately for each object to show key information related to the record in the primary tab.
- Open more than one subtabs to quickly switch between multiple related records.
- View and interact with subtab content in the detail area.
The Salesforce console’s navigation enhancements help you:
The Salesforce console's dashboard-like interface groups and displays data related to records you select all on one screen.
Additionally, with a Salesforce console
for Service, you can:
If your administrator adds custom console components
, additional functionality might be available for you in the sidebars and footers of a Salesforce console