Get started with creating a new workflow rule by selecting the object the rule relates to.
|Available in: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create or change workflow rules and actions:||“Customize Application”|
- From Setup, enter Workflow Rules in the Quick Find box, then select Workflow Rules.
- On the workflow rules list page, click New Rule.
- Choose an object to which you want this workflow rule to apply.
- If you have a workflow action that updates a field on a related object, that target object isn't the one that's associated with the workflow rule.
- To create workflow rules based on new case comments or incoming email messages that automatically update fields on their associated cases, choose Case Comment or Email Message. See Workflow Considerations for more information.
- To create a site usage rule, choose one of the following:
The Organization and Site objects are only available if Force.com sites is enabled for your organization. The User License object isn't dependent on sites, and is only available if you have Customer Portals or partner portals enabled for your organization.
- Organization (for monthly page views allowed and monthly page views used fields)
- Site (for site detail, daily bandwidth and request time, monthly page views allowed, and other fields)
- User License (for the monthly logins allowed and monthly logins used fields)
- This release contains a beta version of workflow on the User object that is production quality but has known limitations.
- Click Next.