|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions |
|To initiate a conference call:||Member of a call center|
To initiate a conference call with another call center user or an outside phone number:
- While on a call, click Conference in the SoftPhone line that is currently active. Your caller is automatically put on hold and a new dial pad becomes active.
- Use the dial pad, your keyboard, or the phone directory to enter the phone number of the person who you want to include in the conference.
- Click Initiate Conference. Your first caller remains on hold while you are on the call with the destination number. If a number you dial is busy, a message appears and you have the option to dial again or cancel the call.
- Once you have connected with the second caller and are ready to start the conference, click Complete Conference. The second caller joins the first on your original telephone line and all three of you can speak freely to one another. If you no longer want to conference the call after dialing the second number, click Cancel Conference to hang up on the second caller and return to your original caller.
- If you click Hold while on a conference, your line becomes mute but other conference participants can still speak to one another.
- Some phone systems limit the number of callers who can be conferenced on a single line. See your administrator for details.