|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions |
|To create a call log:||Member of a call center|
Every external call that you make or receive with a SoftPhone automatically generates a call log activity record. You can view these call logs in the Activity History related list of any Salesforce record that is associated with the call or by running a report. Automatically generated call log records include values for:
- The call center user who received or initiated the call
- The phone number of the contact who called or who was called by the call center user
- The date on which the call took place
- The duration of the call, in seconds
- Whether the call was inbound or outbound
- The call center system’s unique identifier for the call
You can associate up to two records, edit the subject, and add comments to a call log while the call is underway. To do so:
- Associate up to two the records with the call log:
- When you view or create a contact, lead, or person account, a Name drop-down list appears in the call log. Use this list to select a single contact, lead, or person account record to associate with the call.
- When you view or create any other type of Salesforce record, a Related to drop-down list appears in the call log. Use this list to select a single record of any other type to associate with the call.
Custom object records can only be associated with a call log if the custom object tracks activities.
By default, the most recently viewed records are selected in the Name and Related to lists unless you manually choose a different record. The records that you choose in these lists will include the call log in their Activity History related lists once the call ends. These records are also displayed with the call if it is transferred to or conferenced with another Salesforce CRM Call Center user.
- Edit the Subject and Comments fields with information about what happened during the call.
After the call ends, the call log is automatically saved as a completed task. You can quickly access the saved call logs for calls that were just completed by expanding the Last N
Calls section of the SoftPhone. Up to three of your last calls are displayed in this list with your most recent call displayed first:
- To modify a recent call log, click Edit next to the call log's Subject field.
- To view a saved call log, click the call log's Subject.
- To view a record that is associated with a call log, click the name of the record.
To view a list of all calls that you've made or received in the past day, click My Calls Today. This link opens the My Calls Today report in the Reports tab.
Some Salesforce CRM Call Center features that are described in this help system might not be available with your SoftPhone because of customizations that have been made for your organization or the CTI Toolkit
with which your SoftPhone was built. See your administrator for details.