|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions |
|To transfer a call:||Member of a call center|
To transfer a call to another call center user or to an external phone number:
- Attach any relevant Salesforce records to the call that you want to transfer. For example, if you created a case for the call, save it, and make sure that it is selected in one of the Related To fields of the current call log. By doing this, the user to whom you are transferring the call will have access to the case in his or her SoftPhone.
- Click Transfer in the SoftPhone line that you want to transfer. You remain on the line with your first caller and a new dial pad becomes active.
- Use the dial pad, your keyboard, or the call center directory to enter the phone number of the person to whom the call should be transferred.
- Click Initiate Transfer. Your first caller is automatically put on hold while you are on the call with the destination number. If a number you dial is busy, a message appears and you have the option to dial again or cancel the call.
- When you are ready to transfer your first caller to the destination number, click Complete Transfer. If you no longer want to transfer the call, click Cancel Transfer.
Once you complete a transfer, your line is immediately freed and you return to the Ready for Calls state.