|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
|To set up and update the Customer Portal:||"Customize Application"|
|To create and edit profiles:||"Manage Users"|
|To manage Customer Portal users:||"Edit Self-Service Users"|
Starting with Summer ’13, the Customer Portal isn’t available for new organizations. Existing organizations continue to have access to the Customer Portal. If you don’t have a Customer Portal, but want to easily share information with your customers, try Communities.
Existing organizations using Customer Portals may continue to use their Customer Portals or transition to Communities. Contact your Salesforce Account Executive for more information.
You can use the Customer Portal to provide your customers with access to their entitlements and service contracts. Contract line items don't display in the Customer Portal.
High-volume customer portal users do not have access to service contracts and entitlements.
After you have set up entitlement management
and enabled a Customer Portal
, complete the following steps to add entitlement management to your portals.
- Update Customer Portal profiles:
- Clone Customer Portal profiles and enable the “Read” permission on entitlements or service contracts.
- Optionally, on the profiles of delegated external user administrators, enable the “Create” and “Delete” permissions on entitlement contacts. This lets delegated external user administrators update entitlement contacts.
- In the cloned profiles, verify that the tab visibility for the Entitlements or Service Contracts tabs are Default On.
- At the bottom of the customer portal detail page, click Edit Profiles and activate the new profiles.
- Customize case page layouts to add the Entitlement Name lookup field. This lets portal users add entitlements to cases.
add the following entitlement process fields to case page layouts for portal users because portal users shouldn't access information related to your internal support processes: Entitlement Process Start Time
, Entitlement Process End Time
, and Stopped Since
- Optionally, customize related lists on accounts and contacts to add Entitlements. This lets delegated external user administrators create cases automatically associated with the right entitlements.
- Add the Entitlements or Service Contract tabs to each Customer Portal.
- Assign the cloned profiles to your Customer Portal users:
- To create a new Customer Portal user, click Manage External User and choose Enable Customer User on the contact detail page. To update an existing user, click Manage External User and choose View Customer User.
- For a new user, select the cloned profile from the Profile drop-down menu. For an existing user, click Edit and then select the profile.
- Click Save.