Be aware of the behaviors for packages that contain custom metadata types.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions |
Professional Edition orgs can create, edit, and delete custom metadata records only from types in installed packages.
After you upload a Managed - Released package that contains a custom metadata type, you can’t:
- Add required fields to the custom metadata type.
- Set non-required fields to required.
- Delete custom fields that are in the uploaded version of the package. If you add a custom field after the upload, you can still delete it until you upload a new Managed - Released version.
- Delete public custom metadata records that are included in the package.
- Change a public custom metadata record or type in the package to protected. You can, however, change protected records and types to public.
- Change the manageability of any custom field in the package.
- Query protected custom metadata types or records in an installed package with Apex code that you have written. You can, however, run packaged Apex code that queries protected custom metadata types or records in the same package. These queries return the protected records.