Review considerations for using Data.com Clean rules to add company information to Salesforce leads and accounts automatically.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available with a Data.com Clean license in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
- Recommendation to Use AppExchange Package Instead of Assessment Option
- Company Info rules include options to update your data or generate a read-only assessment. However, the assessment option can produce unexpected results for Data.com Clean customers. If you’re a Clean customer, we recommend that you use the AppExchange package Data.com Clean Reports instead.
- Conflicts with Existing Clean Setup
- Using the Company Info for Leads Clean rule doesn’t affect any existing Data.com Clean jobs you run. However, the Company Info for Accounts Clean rule does conflict with Clean jobs. To prevent conflicts and confusion, do the following:
- Deactivate Clean jobs on accounts.
- On Account page layouts, remove the elements related to Clean jobs: the Clean button and the Clean Status field.
- Triggers, Workflows, and Push Notifications
- Before activating a Company Info rule, review your settings for triggers, workflows, and push notifications. Using a Company Info rule can set off those mechanisms.
- Adjustments for Salesforce Classic Users
- To allow Salesforce Classic users to check a record’s Clean status and clean it manually, adjust the lead or account page layout. Add the Clean This Record with Data.com related list to the layout.