Review the preferences you can set before you define your Data.com Clean jobs.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Clean license in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
- Data.com Clean offers three options for cleaning your data with jobs. Jobs can do the following:
- Flag all differences per record to only identify fields whose values are different from Data.com values
- Flag differences and auto-fill blank fields to identify fields whose values are different and fill blank fields with values from Data.com.
- Customize settings field by field.
- If you select the Customize option for any object, you can do the following:
- Flag fields on your Salesforce records that have different values from matched Data.com records.
- Flag different field values on your Salesforce records and automatically fill blank fields with Data.com values.
- Overwrite different field values on your Salesforce records with Data.com values. If you overwrite Salesforce record values, set history tracking for those fields.
- You can set flag-only and flag and auto-fill preferences for entire records or by field. You set overwrite preferences by field.
- If you use Data.com Clean, you can also clean D&B Company records that are linked to accounts and leads. D&B Company Clean jobs automatically fill or overwrite field values on D&B company records, but do not change data on linked account or lead records.
- Your preferences take effect when the next scheduled Clean job runs, and users see the flags, as appropriate, when they clean records manually.
- If, after changing matching services, you want to do a one-time rematch using the new matching service, you can manually remove the D-U-N-S Number on account records to force the matching service to rematch the records. Be aware that this might affect your match rates.
- We don’t recommend mapping a custom field or skipping mapping for either matching service.
- Converted leads are excluded from Lead Clean jobs.
- If you select a field to be overwritten by Clean jobs, and a user marks that field as wrong on a record, jobs don’t overwrite that field on that record.
- Person accounts are excluded from Account and Contact Clean jobs.