Use Data.com Prospector to search valuable company information from Dun & Bradstreet and millions of crowd-sourced contacts to find the records your business needs. Add these records to Salesforce as new accounts, contacts, and leads, or export them to use in other apps. It’s a great way to get the data you need to plan your sales territories, segment campaigns, find new accounts to engage, and expand your sales network.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Prospector license in: Contact Manager (no Lead object), Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
All Salesforce users can search Data.com for accounts and contacts. Users with a Data.com Prospector license can:
- Add accounts and contacts to Salesforce, and add contacts as leads.
- Add contacts for an account directly from the account record.
- Export accounts and contacts from Data.com.
- Manually clean Salesforce account, contact, and lead records, regardless of whether they were added from Data.com.
- Get prospecting insights into accounts’ business, financial, competitive, and industry details.
- Get company hierarchical views of parent-child relationships and account information, such as the annual revenue, ownership, and number of employees. (Available to Data.com Prospector users as a beta feature.)
There are two versions of Data.com Prospector: Corporate Prospector and Premium Prospector. Premium Prospector includes more Dun & Bradstreet fields for adding to or manually cleaning account, contact, or lead records. Premium Prospector users also have access to the Company Hierarchy page. The Salesforce Help refers to Data.com Premium Prospector unless otherwise noted. For more information on Premium Prospector, contact your Salesforce account manager.
|Data.com Corporate Prospector
||Basic set of Dun & Bradstreet fields.|
|Data.com Premium Prospector
||Basic set of Dun & Bradstreet fields, plus the D&B Company field. This field links to an associated D&B Company record with over 70 additional Dun & Bradstreet fields that are accessible on the D&B Companies tab. The Company Hierarchy page provides a hierarchical view of Dun & Bradstreet company relationships.|