To save time and ensure that your filter settings are up-to-date, use these tips when you mass update country and state/province information in existing address fields.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All Editions except for Database.com.|
- Update countries first, and then update states or provinces within that newly standardized country value.
- Use the mass updating address tool to convert inconsistent address formats to one international standard, such as ISO codes. For a list of ISO codes, see the International Organization for Standardization website.
- Use the mass updating tool regularly to cleanse your address data of inconsistent values created by users or via import, sync, or the Force.com API.
- You can manually create any country or state/province value or import or sync via the Force.com API. Address values are not validated when created.
- Update filter conditions to reflect address updates. For example, if you change “United States” to “US,”, assignment rules, Web-to-Lead, Web-to-Case, Email-to-Case, and On-Demand Email-to-Case continue to use “United States” unless updated.