|Available in: All Editions|
|To view home page layouts:||“Customize Application”|
|To create or change home page layouts:||“Customize Application”|
After creating the components you want displayed on the Home tab, begin designing your home page layouts.
- From Setup, click .
- Click New. Alternately, select a layout you want to copy and click Clone.
- Enter a name for the new layout.
- Click Save.
- Select the components you want displayed on the new page layout. Consider the following:
- The components you select for the narrow column display in the sidebar. They do not display in the sidebar on other pages within Salesforce unless you specify that in your user interface settings.If you only want certain users to view sidebar components on all pages, grant those user the “Show Custom Sidebar On All Pages” permission.
- Select Article Search to add the Find Articles component to a home page layout. This component is only available for Salesforce Knowledge users.
- Select Customer Portal Welcome to add the Customer Portal component to a home page layout. If the My Profile site Visualforce page has been enabled, this component contains a personalized welcome message and a link to the portal user's profile. The My Profile page enables users logged into either your Force.com site, or your Customer Portal from Force.com sites, to update their own contact information. When they make changes to this page, the corresponding portal user and contact records are updated.
- When you select Dashboard Snapshot as a component to show on a home page layout, Salesforce displays the last dashboard the user accessed. Users can view a dashboard snapshot on their Home tab if they have access to at least one dashboard.
When designing home page layouts for your Customer Portal, we recommend adding the following components: Search, Solution Search, Recent Items, Customer Portal Welcome, and a custom HTML Area component that includes your corporate branding in the wide column.
- Click Next.
- Arrange the selected components in the desired columns. Select a component and use the arrow keys to move it.
- Optionally, click Preview to display the home page layout.
- Click Save & Assign to save the page layout and assign it to a profile. Initially, all users, including Customer Portal users, are assigned to the Home Page Default layout.