After you've created a basic working app with app quick start, you'll want to build out the app with more objects and fields, define its access settings, and add users to share your app with them.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create objects, tabs, fields, and validation rules:||“Customize Application”|
|To create users:||“Manage Internal Users”|
|To create profiles and permission sets:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
- Build out your app with the basic components used in apps.
- Create objects, which are custom database tables that allow you to store information specific to your app.
- Create tabs that are associated with the objects you've created.
- For each object, create fields to store the information that's important to your organization.
- Create validation rules, which verify that the data users enter meets the standards you specify before they save a record.
For quick shortcuts to these tools, use the Force.com quick access menu
, which is available from object list view pages and record detail pages.
- Create user profiles or permission sets. These are collections of settings and permissions that determine what users can do in an app.
- Specify the types of access that users will have to the app.
- Make your app visible using profiles or permission sets.
- Make your object tabs visible.
- Set the object permissions for the objects you created.
- Add users to your organization. When adding users, be sure to assign them the appropriate profiles or permission sets you created so they can access your app.
These are the basic steps for building and managing an app. As you explore the Force.com platform, you'll find even more ways to build, manage, and deploy apps.