If you use Data.com Prospector, it’s a cinch to find new companies to do business with that are in the company hierarchy of existing accounts. Just do a search by Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number right from a D&B Company record. You’ll be able to see other companies within the same corporate structure and add those companies to Salesforce as new accounts.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Prospector license in: Contact Manager (no Lead object), Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|Available with a Data.com Clean license in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To add accounts from Data.com||“Create” on accounts|
The Global Ultimate is the highest entity within an organization and is identified by a nine-digit Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number. All companies that are part of the same corporate structure as the Global Ultimate are identified by the same Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number.
- Go to the detail page of the D&B Company record you want to find accounts with the same Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number for.
- Click Search Global Ultimate D-U-N-S.
The Data.com tab opens and displays a list of accounts that match the Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number of the D&B Company record.
- If the results list is long, you can sort the results by any table heading. The Location Type heading, for example, sorts results by headquarters, single location, and branch.
- If you don’t see what you’re looking for, use filters to narrow your results.
- For more information about a particular account, such as its account site, click the account name to see its account card.
- Add all accounts or a selection to Salesforce.
- From the confirmation message, click Go to Accounts to view the list of new records on the Accounts home page.
Here are some things to keep in mind when searching by Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number.
- Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number search results only include accounts that are in Data.com, so you may not get complete Global Ultimate D-U-N-S results if some members of the corporate structure are not in Data.com.
- You can use filters to narrow down your Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number search results.
- You can export records from your Global Ultimate D-U-N-S Number search results.
- You can’t save the search.