Before you send mass email, consider a few key points.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- You can send a mass email to a recipient list that consists of contacts, leads, person accounts, or users that you can view in Salesforce.
- If a standard email field is hidden via field-level security, the Mass Email links for contacts and leads don’t appear.
- Mass email can be sent to an address in a standard email field. Mass email with a custom email field isn’t supported.
- Before you send a mass email, create a custom view of contacts, leads, person accounts, or cases without an email address. In the search criteria, choose “Email equals,” and leave the third field blank. You can then update those records before sending your emails. You can’t validate an email address without sending an email message.
- You can’t send a mass email using a Visualforce email template.
- Attachments in mass emails are sent as links rather than as physical files. When recipients click the attachment link in the email, the attachment opens in a separate browser window, and they can download the file. Attachments are stored for 30 days.
The addressed and sent-to numbers in mass email status messages differ in the following situations.
- The mass email would cause your organization to exceed its daily mass email limit. Salesforce does not send the message to any of the intended recipients in this case.
- One or more selected recipients opted out of receiving mass email after the mass email was scheduled but before it was processed.
- One or more selected recipient email addresses were removed from the contact or lead after the mass email was scheduled but before it was processed.
- The user who sent the mass email was deactivated after the mass email was scheduled but before it was processed. Salesforce does not send mass emails scheduled by a user who is deactivated.