Before you use Email to Salesforce, consider a few key points.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
- General Considerations
- Use Email to Salesforce to capture email sent with external email applications such as IBM® Lotus Notes® and Microsoft® Outlook® and with webmail such as Gmail® and Yahoo! Mail®.
- Email to Salesforce attempts to match the email address in the To or CC fields with the one in the Email standard field. Email to Salesforce doesn’t support matching on custom email fields.
- Salesforce ignores invalid IDs or IDs for records that you don’t have read access to.
- Email to Salesforce is required to use the Add Email feature with Salesforce for Outlook. Disabling one feature disables the other. With Salesforce for Outlook, you add emails via Add Email and Send and Add, not the BCC field.
- If you enter a recipient’s email address in the BCC field, the owner of the address receives the email, but the email isn’t related to records that contain the email address.
- The maximum number of email addresses that Email to Salesforce can match is 50. If the combined number of addresses in the To and CC fields exceeds this limit, Email to Salesforce processes only the first 50 unique addresses in the email.
- Email to Salesforce can create a maximum of 50 email activities for each email that it receives. It can relate up to 50 contacts to each email task record.
- The size limit for an attached file is 25 MB when attached directly to the related list. The size limit for multiple files attached to the same email is 25 MB, with a maximum size of 5 MB per file. For each matching record, all attachments that are sent with the email are duplicated, which affects your data size limit. Any attachments that aren’t added are listed in the confirmation email that you receive from Salesforce.
- Email text and HTML are truncated to 32 KB.