Before you send email, consider a few key points.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All Editions|
- You can enter only one name in the To field.
- You can include a signature in text emails only.
- When authoring an email, you can choose a predefined template for the message. To personalize your message, you can include merge fields that are replaced with information from the Salesforce record when the email is sent. For example, your company can use a standard template to communicate solution information to customers with cases. Your Salesforce admin can maintain company-wide templates, and you can maintain your own templates.
- Email templates give you access only to the fields that are accessible to you via your page layout and field-level security settings. (Field-level security is available in Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions.)
- If your template contains a merge field for which no data exists in a particular record, that field doesn’t appear in the email that you send. To find such blank fields, modify your recipient list view to search for the merge fields that you’re using in your template. Then enter the criterion “<field> equals,” leaving the third field blank. Edit those records that have blank fields before you send email.
- If you modify an email template, your changes affect the HTML version of the template.
- You can’t modify custom email templates.
To track email that you sent, use HTML formatting when authoring. Also make sure that your Salesforce admin has added the HTML Email Status related list to your contact, lead, and person account pages.